Water Keeper Rules
All Fishery Watch Water Keepers are bound by these Rules and expected to follow them at all times.
- You must remember that you do not have any more legal powers, than anybody else.
- All Water Keepers must be carrying there Photo ID Cards, when out in the field.
- Water Keepers must produce their Photo ID Card to anybody who makes a request to see it.
- You must act within the law at all times.
- You are required to record as much detailed intelligence as possible.
- All Intelligence must be reported back to the Fishery Watch Control Room, and passed onto the relevant authorities.
- Risk assess every aspect of what is occuring, never put yourself at risk anymore than you need to.
- Always record a What 3 Words Locator of the incident, and pass this onto the Control Room.
- Pollution Incidents must be reported to the Environment Agency, always note down the reference.
- Water Keeper are expected to act in a polite and legal manner at all times.
- You must always have the permission of the fishery owner to be present on there land.
- You are not allowed to carry any self defence items, ONLY FarbGel, which is legal in the UK.
- FarbGel MUST only be used as a last resort to protect yourself.
- You are expected to always cooperate with the authorities in a respectful manner.
- If you are not sure about anything, DON'T ACT on it, call the Control Room for advice on 0330 043 6323.
- From 1st March 2021, you will be required to complete a risk assessment form for each patrol, this is for insurance purposes.
Stay Safe everybody, if you need any help or assistance, simply call the Control Room ob 0330 043 6323.